Consultation to surgery in as little as two weeks.
At Northwest Weight & Wellness Center (NWWC), we welcome patients from Canada who are seeking prompt and effective weight loss solutions with high-quality bariatric care. At our weight loss clinic in Everett, Washington, we have helped hundreds of patients from Canada live healthier, more active lives. Bariatric surgery is a powerful tool that, combined with compassionate care from our experienced bariatric surgeons, can help you take charge of your health and achieve long-term weight loss success.
Why Travel to NWWC for Weight Loss Surgery?
We believe that specialty medical care is worth traveling for because when it comes to your health, you deserve the best—even if it’s not the closest. Patients travel to us for bariatric care for many reasons, including:
- Availability: Canadian patients may wait up to 5 years for bariatric surgery. At NWWC, Canadian patients can start their journey in as little as 2 weeks.
- Skill & Experience: Dr. Robert Michaelson and Dr. Alana Chock are double-board certified and highly regarded for their extensive experience and low rate of complications.
- Range of Options:We offer a full range of weight loss options, including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and duodenal switch, and we’ll custom-tailor your treatment plan to meet your unique needs.
- State of the Art Surgery Center: Our bariatric procedures are performed at Sound Surgeons Surgery Center, our own specialized facility that is fully accredited.
- Patient Reviews: Don’t just take our word for it—read the success stories of NWWC patients who are thrilled to be living healthier, happier lives.
How Our Program Works
Self-pay patients will follow these steps on their way to bariatric surgery. For many of our patients, the time between their initial consultation and the date of their weight loss surgery is as little as two weeks.
- Consultation Appointment During your virtual consultation appointment, you’ll meet one-on-one with a bariatric surgeon who will review your medical history, explain your options, and answer any questions. If bariatric surgery is right for you, our team will help you plan your next steps.
- Lab Work We will let you know which tests are needed for surgical clearance, some of which can be completed with your local doctor before you travel.
- Psychological Evaluation This step ensures you are ready for surgery and post-surgical life changes.
Once these steps have been completed and you are cleared for surgery, you will begin a pre-op diet with support from our dietitian. We will work with you to schedule your surgery at your earliest convenience; many patients are able to have surgery within one week of completing their prerequisites.
“Dr Chock is great and very good at explaining the entire process. The nurses are amazing and no one has ever made me feel anything but awesome about this journey. I’m down 125 pounds and I feel amazing and totally supported by everyone here. If you're thinking about doing this you should. It's been the best experience and decision I’ve ever made in regards to living a more fulfilling & healthy life. Thank you!”Christina, on Google reviews
“This place saved my life! I needed to lose a ton of weight in order to have knee replacement surgery. They absolutely provide every bit of support that you need. They genuinely care about every client and are never judgmental about what you look like or weigh when you walk in that front door. Now I will be able to have my knee surgery successfully. I have just added years back into my life.”Teresa, on Google reviews
“Of course I was nervous with the whole thing about having a surgery! The staff were great, they made me at ease during the complete process. I wish I had done this years ago! I feel great! I can bend over to put my socks on and still breathe normal, I can bend over to tie my shoes! My two sons, daughter-in-law and sisters are extremely happy for me! I haven't felt this good for thirty five years. Thank you Northwest Weight & Wellness.”Rick, on Google reviews
Contact Us for Special Pricing
If you are ready to take control of your health, we want to guide you on your journey! Contact us to learn more about special pricing for Canadian patients.
The providers at Northwest Weight & Wellness Center have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.