At Northwest Weight and Wellness Center (NWWC) in Everett, Washington we understand that surgery is not the right weight loss option for everyone. We designed our 12-Week Medical Weight Loss Program for patients in the Seattle area and beyond who are seeking a non-surgical weight loss solution or a medically supervised weight loss program as part of their path to bariatric surgery. This comprehensive program delivers better results than weight loss medication can on its own. Our physician supervised program is a non-surgical, medically-based weight loss approach tailored to your specific needs and focused on your success.
How Does Medically Supervised Weight Loss Work?
Many people struggle to lose weight and keep it off but it is easier to achieve weight loss success with the support of experts. Medical weight loss is a program in which the patient receives information and medical supervision to help them make healthy choices.
Northwest Weight & Wellness Center’s 12-Week Medical Weight Loss Program is a multi-disciplinary weight loss program. This unique program combines individualized nutrition and exercise planning, one-on-one counseling, educational and support groups and the option for prescription medication—all under one roof.
Many patients also qualify for weight loss medications. At NWWC, our comprehensive program built on a foundation of compassion and support.
Prescription Weight Loss Medications
Your provider may recommend prescription weight loss medication as part of your personalized Weight Loss Program. Many patients find that this option complements their nutrition plan and allows them to lose more weight in a quicker time period. There are a range of medications available, including appetite suppressant drugs and weight loss injections that are designed specifically to help patients with Type 2 diabetes. Our medical team will evaluate you and discuss which options may be right for you.
Weight loss medications include:
- Phentermine/Topiramate (Qsymia®)
- Phentermine (Adipex or Lomaira™)
- Naltrexone HCL/Bupropion (Contrave®)
- Semaglutide (Ozempic® or Wegovy™)
- Liraglutide (Saxenda® or Victoza®)
- Tirzepatide (Mounjaro™ or Zepbound™)
Start Losing Weight with Ozempic or Wegovy (Semaglutide) Today
Benefits of Northwest Weight & Wellness Center’s 12-Week Medical Weight Loss Program
Affordable, Effective Weight Loss
Our 12-week medical weight loss program costs as little as $21 per day.
One-on-One Meetings With Weight Loss Experts
Participants get separate personalized consultations with an ARNP or MD, an Exercise Physiologist, and a Registered Dietitian!
Start With the Knowledge You Need to Succeed
Biometric screening to show body composition, fat, muscle, resting metabolic rate, and more because an accurate picture of your starting point helps to define your goals.
Support Every Step of the Way
Weekly check-ins with our medical weight loss staff so you can get answers to every question and feel confident in your progress.
Empowered By Accountability
Get access to our weight loss tracking app—studies show that people who self-track their weight, food intake, and exercise are more likely to reach their Trusted Source J Med Internet Res 2017;19(5):e160 doi: 10 What Matters in Weight Loss? An In-Depth Analysis of Self-Monitoring Go to Source weight loss goals.
Medical Weight Loss Step-by-Step
When it comes to successful weight loss, one program doesn’t fit all. While your treatment plan will be custom tailored to your needs, here are some steps that you can generally expect:
- A comprehensive intake with a Medical Weight Loss Program Coordinator (MA), a Registered Dietitian, an Exercise Physiologist, and an Advanced Practice Provider.
- A biometric screening exam to evaluate your resting metabolic rate and your body composition, which will help identify your body’s unique caloric needs.
- Customized meal planning with your Registered Dietitian based on your medical needs, goals, and lifestyle.
- Weekly visits with our team of weight management specialists will help keep you on track.
- Monthly check-ins (or more, as needed) for GLP-1 patients.
- A range of lab tests to help the practitioners determine what treatments are right for you and your unique challenges or needs.
- Access to an online app which is built specifically for the bariatric community to help streamline, track, and communicate with your dietetics team between visits.
- Monthly support groups with your peers designed to provide education and support in a setting which fosters shared experiences and feedback.
Your Medical Weight Loss Team
Our program is run by an experienced team of specialists who are dedicated to healthy weight loss and bariatric care. All of our providers work in sync to develop and execute your personalized plan.
- PERSONAL MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM COORDINATOR (MA or RN) These skilled and experienced medical assistants and registered nurses are dedicated exclusively to our medical weight loss patients. You will have most of your appointments with them as they provide you with one-on-one care and attention during your weight loss journey.
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (PA) or NURSE PRACTITIONER (ARNP) The physician assistant or nurse practitioner reviews your medical and diet history, determines which lab tests are necessary, and oversees all aspects of your weight loss plan to ensure it meets your specific needs.
- REGISTERED DIETITIAN (RD) Your Registered Dietitian is dedicated to helping you nourish your body while losing weight. They will use their extensive knowledge to guide you in healthy eating.
- EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST Being active is an important part of weight loss. We offer the expertise and support of an exercise physiologist to help you create a customized fitness plan focused on maximizing your time and abilities to achieve a balanced approach which fits our lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Weight Loss
Am I a candidate for medical weight loss?
The benefit of our medical weight loss program is that it is fully customizable—so most people are candidates. If you have struggled to lose weight, we can help you make a plan for weight loss success and a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
Can I participate in a medically supervised weight loss program if I have diabetes?
Yes, our team of medical professionals are experienced in nutrition and support for patients with diabetes. This program can be very beneficial because losing weight has been shown to Trusted Source The importance of weight management in type 2 diabetes mellitus Wilding JP Go to Source significantly improve Type 2 diabetes .
How does Northwest Weight & Wellness Center’s 12-Week Medical Weight Loss Program compare to other weight loss programs?
As doctors and health care professionals, we believe that our program is more comprehensive and medically sound than many popular weight loss plans. Furthermore, we believe it is a better value than many commercial weight loss plans—we’ve simplified weight loss so you get everything you need in one program, in one place. Our 12-Week Weight Loss can give you better, more sustainable results than medication alone.
Is medical weight loss covered by insurance?
Some insurance plans offer coverage for medical weight loss programs. You can fill out our free insurance check to learn if your plan may cover medical weight loss. If you do not have coverage we offer a variety of payment options and financing plans.
We offer a range of options to help you lose weight, keep it off, and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Contact us to learn more about medical weight loss.
*According to an internal study. Individual results may vary.
I can do things now I have not been able to do in years due to my weight. I have to thank everyone at NWWC - the staff, doctors, and nutritionists are very caring and do everything they can to help you before and after surgery. They really do care.Kristi C. - Via Google Reviews
Everyone was amazing with me and they had great hospitality. They even told there story life like your there friend. Would highly recommend this hospital.Stacie B. - Via Facebook Reviews
1 Painter SL, Ahmed R, Hill JO, Kushner RF, Lindquist R, Brunning S, Margulies A. What Matters in Weight Loss? An In-Depth Analysis of Self-Monitoring. J Med Internet Res 2017;19(5):e160 doi: 10.2196/jmir.7457
2 Wilding JP. The importance of weight management in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Clin Pract. 2014 Jun;68(6):682-91. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.12384. Epub 2014 Feb 18. PMID: 24548654; PMCID: PMC4238418.
The providers at Northwest Weight & Wellness Center have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.