START YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
At Northwest Weight & Wellness Center (NWWC), we welcome patients from Canada who are seeking effective weight loss solutions and high-quality bariatric care. At our weight loss clinic in Everett, Washington, we have helped hundreds of patients from Canada live healthier, more active lives. Bariatric surgery is a powerful tool that, combined with compassionate care from our experienced bariatric surgeons, can help you take charge of your health and achieve long-term weight loss success.
Why Travel to NWWC for Weight Loss Surgery?
We believe that specialty medical care is worth traveling for because when it comes to your health, you deserve the best—even if it’s not the closest. Patients travel to us for bariatric care for many reasons, including:
- Availability: Canadian patients interested in bariatric surgery often experience a waiting period, sometimes as long as 5 years in Canada. Here, at NWWC, we have availability now so you don’t have to wait to start your weight loss journey and reclaim your health.
- Skill & Experience: Dr. Robert Michaelson and Dr. Alana Chock both hold the distinction of being board-certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Obesity Medicine. Our bariatric surgeons are highly regarded for their extensive experience and low rate of complications, as well as their dedication to personalized and comprehensive patient care
- Range of Options: One-size-fits-all doesn’t work for clothing and it doesn’t work for bariatric care either. We offer a full range of weight loss options, including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and duodenal switch. We also take the time to explain your options and create a treatment plan that is custom-tailored to meet your unique needs.
- State of the Art Surgery Center: Our bariatric procedures are performed at Sound Surgeons Surgery Center, our own specialized facility that is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM), and the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
- Patient Reviews: Don’t just take our word for it—listen to the many NWWC patients who are thrilled to be living healthier, happier lives. Read our success stories and see what actual patients have to say:
“Dr Chock is great and very good at explaining the entire process. The nurses are amazing and no one has ever made me feel anything but awesome about this journey. I’m down 125 pounds and I feel amazing and totally supported by everyone here. If you’re thinking about doing this you should. It’s been the best experience and decision I’ve ever made in regards to living a more fulfilling & healthy life. Thank you!” – Christina, on Google reviews
“This place saved my life! I needed to lose a ton of weight in order to have knee replacement surgery. They absolutely provide every bit of support that you need. They genuinely care about every client and are never judgmental about what you look like or weigh when you walk in that front door. Now I will be able to have my knee surgery successfully. I have just added years back into my life.” – Teresa, on Google reviews
“Of course I was nervous with the whole thing about having a surgery! The staff were great, they made me at ease during the complete process. I wish I had done this years ago! I feel great! I can bend over to put my socks on and still breathe normal, I can bend over to tie my shoes! My two sons, daughter-in-law and sisters are extremely happy for me! I haven’t felt this good for thirty five years. Thank you Northwest Weight & Wellness.” – Rick, on Google reviews
How Our Program Works
Self-pay patients will follow these steps on their way to bariatric surgery:
- Attend a Seminar Our free virtual seminars are a great, no-obligation way to learn everything you need to know about surgical and non-surgical weight loss options.
- Benefits Check Our team can explain your financing options and determine if you have any health benefits that can provide coverage for bariatric surgery.
- Consultation Appointment During your virtual consultation appointment, you’ll meet one-on-one with a bariatric surgeon who will review your medical history, explain your options, and answer any questions. If bariatric surgery is right for you, our team will help you plan your next steps.
- Virtual Nutrition and Exercise Classes Our online program is chock full of tips and tools to help set you up for success.
- Lab Work We will let you know which tests are needed for surgical clearance, some of which can be completed with your local doctor before you travel.
- Psychological Evaluation This step ensures you are ready for surgery and post-surgical life changes.
Once these steps have been completed and you are cleared for surgery, you will begin a pre-op diet with support from our dietitian. We will work with you to schedule your surgery at your earliest convenience; many patients are able to have surgery within one week of completing their prerequisites.
Am I a Candidate?
If you have struggled to lose weight and keep it off with diet and exercise, bariatric surgery may be right for you. Each patient is unique, but ideal candidates typically have a body mass index (BMI) over 40 or a BMI over 30 along with obesity-related medical conditions.
We believe that an investment in your health is the smartest expenditure you can make, but we also know how important it is to stay within budget. That’s why we partner with medical lenders to offer a variety of financing options. Payment plans from Care Credit, United Medical Credit, and Lending Club can put better health within reach.