An epic dining experience of a super healthy fish for the whole family… These steamed halibut fillets are flavored with a naturally creamy sauce that is prepared with avocado, garlic, basil, capers, and lemon. This Instant Pot Halibut in Green Sauce Recipe is tasty and delicious!
The creamy green sauce adds a whole new element of flavor that compliments the halibut fillet flavor. Light and not overbearing, it balances the flavor to a rich and delicious taste.
It tastes decadent, thanks to the green sauce for halibut, but it’s plenty healthy, too! If you have any reluctance on fish, this might just be the recipe to turn you into a fan.
Instant Pot Halibut in Green Sauce
Recipe by: Corrie of CorrieCooks.com
Makes 4 servings
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest grated finely
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except halibut and water and with a fork, mash completely.
- Place fillets in the center of a large greased piece of foil and top with avocado mixture evenly.
- Fold the foil around fillets to seal it.
- Arrange the trivet in the bottom of Instant Pot and pour the water.
- Place the foil packet on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “HighPressure” for about 8 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to broiler.
- Remove the lid of Instant Pot and transfer the halibut fillets onto a broiler pan.
- Broil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Calories 332; Carbohydrates 11 grams; Fat 14 grams; Protein 45 grams