MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
If surgery isn’t the right choice for you at this time, you can still find weight loss success at Northwest Weight & Wellness Center.
We offer a range of options to help you lose weight, keep it off, and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Our New Life Weight Loss Program® is a non-surgical, medically-based weight loss approach tailored to your specific needs and focused on your success.
Our multi-disciplinary weight loss program is a combination of individualized nutrition and exercise planning, one-on-one counseling, educational and support groups, and prescription medication. All under one roof.
Our medical weight loss program is run by a comprehensive team of specialists dedicated to bariatric care. All of our providers work in sync to develop and execute your personalized plan.
When it comes to successful weight loss, one program doesn’t fit all.
Your uniquely designed plan includes:
- A comprehensive intake with a Registered Dietitian, Exercise Physiologist, and Advanced Practice Provider.
- As a part of your intake visit, we will conduct a biometric screening exam to evaluate your resting metabolic rate and your body composition, which will help identify your body’s unique caloric needs. This information will be used by the specialists to build a customized plan which fits your lifestyle.
- Customized meal planning with your Registered Dietitian based on your medical needs, goals, and lifestyle.
- Monthly visits with our team of weight management specialists will help keep you on track.
- A range of lab tests are performed to help the practitioners determine what treatments are right for you and your unique challenges or needs.
- Access to an online App which is built specifically for the bariatric community to help streamline, track, and communicate with your dietetics team between visits.
- Monthly support groups with your peers designed to provide education and support in a setting which fosters shared experiences and feedback.
The New Life Weight Program® is also a good option for surgical candidates who must participate in a medically supervised diet prior to weight loss surgery.
Meet your team:
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (PA) or NURSE PRACTITIONER (ARNP)
The physician assistant or nurse practitioner reviews your medical and diet history, determines which labs tests are necessary, and oversees all aspects of your weight loss plan to ensure it meets your specific needs.
REGISTERED DIETITIAN (RD)
Our registered dietitians are food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living. The dietitian will complete a nutritional assessment and work with you to create your personalized eating plan.
Being active is an important part of weight loss. We offer the expertise and support of an exercise physiologist to help you create a customized fitness plan focused on maximizing your time and abilities to achieve a balanced apporach which fits our lifestyle.
OUR COMPREHENSIVE NEW LIFE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM® ALSO INCLUDES:
Medication, such as appetite suppressants, is often prescribed to help with weight loss. These prescriptions work very well in conjunction with a lower calorie diet, and increased physical activity. Medication is prescribed in conjunction with a personalized, appointment-based approach to care.
A blood test offers insight into biological processes and body functioning that can contribute to difficulty with weight management. These medical insights will be used to craft your personalized weight loss plan.
METABOLIC AND BODY COMPOSITION TESTING
This simple test provides insight into your body composition and resting metabolic rate, or RMR. The RMR shows how many calories your body burns each day so your provider is better able to customize your weight loss plan.
BREATH ACETONE TESTING*
The level of acetone in your breath can reveal how much fat your body is burning. This measurement shows how well your body is responding to your nutrition plan even when you don’t yet see results on the scale. *(due to COVID this testing may not be available)
SELF PAY PROGRAM COST
Your insurance plan may cover medical weight loss. To find out if your insurance has obesity benefits, please contact our insurance specialist at: 425.224.8200 If your plan does not have a covered benefit, self-pay pricing is also available.