FAQ’S WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY
WE ARE NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADERS IN THE SURGICAL TREATMENT OF OBESITY.
What is BLIS?
Why do I need to lose weight in the two weeks before surgery?
How long will I be off work after weight loss surgery?
- Lapband – We typically recommend taking three to five days off work.
- Gastric Sleeve – We typically recommend taking seven days off work.
- Gastric Bypass – We typically recommend taking fourteen days off work.
Will weight loss surgery work for me if I am an emotional eater?
How much weight will I lose?
What will my long term diet be like?
Our Registered Dietitians will provide you with nutritional education customized for you depending on the surgery you chose.
- Normal foods in smaller portions.
- Chew slowly.
- Eat to the point of comfort, and then stop.
- Processed foods (such as bread, rice, pasta, chips, cereals, crackers etc.).
- Liquid calories.
- Eating fast.
We highly recommend scheduling routine visits with your Registered Dietitian.
Why do you lose your appetite after weight loss surgery?
Will I lose hair?
Will I be able to get pregnant after weight loss surgery?
Can I have weight loss surgery if I smoke or use nicotine?
What is laparoscopic surgery?
How do you adjust the gastric band?
What about insurance? Take the first step:
See if our services are covered by your insurance. Call 425.224.8200 or fill out the form below and we will walk you through the details. You can also chat with us online below.
NWWC will not sell or distribute your personal information.